any other serial
RS232 to Excel
RS232 to Access
RS232 to Notepad
RS232 to Word
RS232 to any Windows program
Capture RS232 data!
Record Value with...
Keeping it Simple with...
Basic Features / RS232 Data Capture...
- Works with any gauge/device having typical RS232 output.
- Large button... press to record a single reading
- Automatic mode is for recording timed Readings.... enter time between Readings (Interval), enter number of Readings (Quantity), press start. Your finished.
Captured data goes to... Large green button, and, at your option, Excel®, Access®, Notepad®, or any Windows® application. Just open the application, make it your focus and the readings go there.
- Move display where you want it with right mouse click and drag
- Foot Pedal activation of Read or Timed reading. (requires optional foot pedal)
- "F" KEY activation of Read (F8) or Timed reading (F9). (user changeable)
Add Date and Time to recorded reading
Add Units to recorded reading
Record with... On-Screen Button, "F" Key, Foot pedal
Add any prefix or suffix to recorded reading
Single or Timed reading(s)
Drop live RS232 data to Excel or any Windows program
- Enter the device "READ" command, 2 places.
- Enter the serial communication parameters.
Parse out the "value" from the data string sent by the device... in most cases all you need to do is change 2 numbers. The pre-configured set-up is explained so you can easily parse out the numeric reading from the string sent by your device.
Config file is preset for... Value / Date / Time (user changeable)